Wednesday, June 14, 2006

We're here!

After two long days, we are finally in Cairo. Ellie was amazingly good during the traveling, maybe because she was the only one out of the three of us that was able to sleep at all. Jason and I are still exhausted, since we arrived at our hotel around 2:30am last night after not sleeping for many hours. Hopefully tonight we can get a full night's sleep.

The hotel we are staying at until we find an apartment is great. I found a review of it on a traveler's website, and it is perfect for us. It is much cheaper than the American chains here, but very English-friendly. There was a wonderful breakfast buffet this morning with eggs, sausages, breads, yogurt, cereal, and pastries. The manager of the hotel is helping us to find an apartment and is an excellent resource for finding things around the neighborhood.

I am amazed at how all the men here act much differently toward me than last time I was here. Since I have had Ellie strapped to my hip, they don't really pay any attention to me. Almost every single one has cooed and made faces at her, trying to get her to laugh. She is handling the different culture very well, and has not been afraid yet.

Jason begins classes on Sunday, so until then we will just be getting used to the city. I'll keep you all updated!

1 comments:

Autumn said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I was just thinking that too--how it is different for you this time as opposed to last time when you were single. I hope Jason enjoys his class. I am talking with the travel agent to see if it will work to see you. It depends on cost, but I'm hoping it will work! It makes me excited to see you again!! I miss you all!