Thursday, August 31, 2006

We're Here!

After long hours of traveling, we have arrived in Amman. We are staying at a nice hotel; it is a Howard Johnson. Amman looks nicer than Cairo so far, and the Fulbright office said they have an apartment in mind for us. So, on Sunday we'll start orientation and learn everything we need to know :) Some exciting news for us is that a couple that we know from U of A and Glorietta will also be in Amman while we're here. They are also studying Arabic at the same university as Jason. We'll have friends! I'll update more when we get a chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got there safely. Also very happy for you that there are people you know. That may make the time go faster for you! We're sure going to miss you guys! Make sure you download pictures every once in a while so we can see how much my baby girlfriend is growing. I have a question to ask you about my job as an accountant, so whenever you can talk online, let me know. Love you guys!!!

Mindy said...

We were talking about you guys last night before we went to bed, how it was morning in Jordan and you were probably recovering from your trip! Let us know your address once you're settled in!

Anonymous said...

We were happy to hear that everything is going good for you. I am glad you found friends so it won't be so lonely. I will keep track of your blogs.
Grandma