Monday, May 07, 2007

We have a drought!

It seems that the water system for our house has been tampered with, and we now have no water. For some reason it is not connecting to our place. So, we came home from the Dead Sea with no water in our pipes. We've been given a temporary solution, a hose from a source outside, but needless to say, it is not very convenient. Added to this, I forgot to put our water bottle outside last week, so now we've run out of drinking water too. Crazy! Luckily the delivery men come tomorrow for the drinking water. Who knows when our other water will be fixed.

I forgot to mention that we were in two extremely minor fender-benders last week in taxis. The bumps were less even than going over a speed bump. But it was kind of crazy with them happening within a day of each other. Then yesterday I totally fell outside. I landed on my knees, extremely hard, but nothing else was hurt. I was holding Ellie, so luckily my neighbor was able to keep me from falling on my face or squishing Ellie (or the baby). All I have are bruised and scraped-up knees. Can you tell that God has been protecting us lately? :)

Update on the binky situation: Ellie had a rough time falling asleep that night (she even threw up from crying too much), but her nap the next day was ok. She finally put one of the other binkies in her mouth. When we went to the store that afternoon, we found some really cheap pacifiers (3 for $1.50) that she has accepted as a substitute. So, we should be fine now! Thank goodness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you better be careful! Good thing you're leaving soon! I'm glad Ellie has found some acceptable substitutes for her pacifier!

Tara

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you come home in 1 wk. We will be praying extra hard for you today in staff meeting...no more "incidents". I remember someone named "Tara" that couldn't function without her binky either. Glad you found another one! I know the feeling...not fun.
Love you guys...

Autumn said...

Apparently there's a drought in Tucson...but not in my house! I know how that goes though. No showers for a few days. I hope you get your drinking water soon! Call me sometime when you get back. I leave for Kansas on May 17.

Anonymous said...

It was good talking to you and Ellie last night! How'd the doctor's appointment go? And did you get your shoe order to finally go through? Can't wait to see you soon!

-Nichole