Monday, July 02, 2007

One week old


Rowan is one week old today, so I thought I would update everyone on our family. We are settling in now, and Jason and I have a good nighttime routine worked out. I go to bed around 10pm until Rowan needs to be fed again, and sometimes I'm able to go back to bed. Jason usually stays with him 'til around 2am, and then I take over and sleep in the living room. Rowan has slept for 5 hours straight for the past two nights, so I've actually been able to sleep! He's also had a lot more awake time; for the first couple of days he slept constantly, now he is awake for an hour or two at a time.


Ellie loves her baby brother and doesn't show any jealousy yet. We'll see how she is once we leave all the family, and she doesn't get quite so much attention. She likes to hold him and give him hugs and kisses. She's also having fun with her cousin Bryson. Ellie hasn't had to share her toys before, so she is learning how. Luckily Bryson is so easy-going that he doesn't mind if Ellie snatches her favorites back from him.
Jason found some guys to play basketball with down near the lake, so he was able to have some fun this weekend. We'll probably be up in Kingman some this week to visit family; that will be fun for us.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I love that picture of Ellie and Rowan! It's so cute! I'm glad you are enjoying him!

Mindy said...

You two make some good looking kids! Can't wait to see all of you later this month!

K said...

Ellie holding Rowan is the cutest thing ever!!