Thursday, January 31, 2008

Come on spring...

It has been ridiculously cold here lately. Like, highs of 5 degrees or less. Yesterday some schools were closed because the temperatures with wind chill were close to -20 degrees! Last Thursday it was -8 degrees when Ellie and I had to take the bus that morning. Luckily it's supposed to be more like 5 degrees this morning.

Jason is a week or so into classes, and liking them so far. He thinks that this semester will be easier than the last. Because of that, I was looking into a part-time job outside of the house that I could do in the mornings. I found the PERFECT job for me, but unfortunately they filled it before I was able to interview :( I'm being pretty picky about what job I take, so we'll see if I start working this semester or not.

Ellie goes through weeks where she picks the same movie to watch every day. Let's see if you can figure out what last week's movie was. She now enjoys drinking up all her milk, holding the cup up in the air, peering into it, and saying, "Oh bother. Empty again." If that didn't give it away, she also often asks for "just a smackeral" of something to eat.

Rowan has learned his first baby sign! I was floored when I saw him doing it, but I am not surprised at all by what sign it is, "milk." I put him on the floor one day to change his diaper before a nap, and he was not happy to be put down. His little fist went up in the air, slowly opening and closing, until I realized that he was trying to sign "milk!" I've been practicing that sign with him since he was 3 months old, but not expecting him to get it until more like 10 months old.

Ok, that was just a quick update, because the kids should wake up any minute now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally an update! I would have guessed Ellie's movie to be some type of Dora until you gave the clues. It looks like Bryson and Ellie have switched interests. He used to be into Pooh. Now ever since Grandma got him a Diego outfit (and Dora and Diego are always on his yogurt containers), he loves watching "Doe" (Dora) and "Go" (Diego). We heard a funny joke on the Comedy channel that Zane always repeats (and then laughs at himself) about the song the map on Dora sings. Don't worry, I won't waste space typing it out, I'll tell you later!

Anyway, glad Jason is liking his classes, and Rowan is picking up signs. I can't wait to see you all sometime soon. Sucks you didn't get that job, which means you aren't coming out here yet!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Okay...it took me a minute, but the "Oh bother" finally clicked. My favorite little guy too! Tell her that Mimi loves her movie. Sorry they filled the job, but another great one will come your way. Stay warm...

Love you....

Mom