Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tatum Tidbits take two

Since everyone liked the last tidbits I posted, I thought I would post some more. It's much easier to write a blog this way too!

- Rowan woke up with a dry diaper this morning, woohoo! We're still working on the daytime training though.

- Ellie made a new friend yesterday (a semi-neighbor we hadn't met yet) and had a playdate at her house this morning. When I asked what time to come pick her up the mom said, "Really, whenever is fine. Let her eat lunch here; we're staying home all day." I was tempted to leave her until dinner, but figured I should go pick her up at 1:00. After all, the mom also has 6-month-old twin boys!

- I bought a spouse membership to the university's gym system. I also take yoga at our community center on Thursday nights. Maybe I will actually exercise regularly now :)

- We went to McDonalds for dinner tonight. Usually everyone buys items from the dollar menu, but tonight I bought kids meals for the kids just for the toy inside. They have awesome American Girl tiny books with little paper dolls inside. Ellie will love them!

- Ellie is signed up for ballet and indoor soccer this semester, and is currently taking Spanish classes at the library. I think that's pretty well-rounded. The start and stop dates of all the classes are staggered so she will only be taking one class per week. Rowan will be taking a swimming class, since he spent the summer watching Ellie take a swimming class and saying, "Rowie nurn (turn) now! Rowie fwim!"

- I am now the treasurer on the Assembly board for our community, and the president of Ellie's preschool board. Yikes!!

- We can't wait to start getting income again once school starts!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rowan! What a big boy! How fun to hear how much they're growing. I can't imagine why you would want to let Ellie go away for an afternoon...give your ears a rest? No wonder I haven't heard from you...busy, busy mom!! If you need any help...let me know

Love you all,
Mom

The Porters said...

Wow! You guys will be busy! We always order off the dollar menu too, but now ever since Bryson got a KidzBop cd, he always wants a kids meal. I have to explain that they're done giving away KidzBop. And that's cute how Rowan wanted a turn swimming after Ellie's class.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be working again once school starts?

Mmm, I love the McDonald's dollar menu! You can get some good food off of there for so cheap (like a dollar).

I do the yoga on my Wii Fit and really like it. How do you like taking a whole yoga class? How long is the class?

I would love to watch Ellie and her sports, especially indoor soccer. You should take a little video of it someday.

~Nichole

K said...

You are such an involved mommy! And that's awesome about Ellie doing all of those classes, definitely well-rounded :)