Easter! I think this is the first year that it was not freezing cold in Madison for Easter. This year, our Easter celebrations were spread out over a week, and the entire week was wonderful weather. Our building (plus some other wonderful neighbors) had a huge Easter egg hunt the weekend before Easter. Almost 400 plastic eggs were scattered around our yard for the 19 kids to find. I think just a couple days ago someone found two eggs that had been still hiding all week :)
A couple days after that egg hunt, we went to a farm close to Madison that has over 20 chickens. Time to find some real eggs! Our neighbor organized another mini egg hunt at the farm. But the most exciting part for the kids was chasing the chickens. I don't think Rowan ever caught a chicken, but Ellie did!
Then this past Saturday we dyed our own Easter eggs. How come I don't remember the process only taking less than a minute when I was a kid? It seems like it took 10 times as long to get everything ready than it took to actually dye the eggs. Well, at least it was another photo opportunity. Although Ellie was in a bit of a sassy mood for pictures.
For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on a special project to give the kids for Easter. I found the idea on a blog, and itstead of paying for someone else to make everything for me, I looked at her pictures and made it myself (well, except for the leaf beds and pillows, one of our many friendly neighbors sewed them all and her daughter cut them out). I am so proud of the way they turned out!
And the kids seemed to like them too :)
They also received two movies, The Princess and the Frog and Toy Story 2. They didn't get to open their presents until afternoon, since I had to work that morning, but they were able to squeeze in a movie before heading to church that afternoon. Dinner at Perkins ended our fun Easter celebrations!

.jpg)


5 comments:
The gnomes are adorable! Great job, Kirsten! You sure do find some different ideas. Hopefully they'll have some fun for a long time with those.... and the boxes (houses) are so cute too. I think you have a very fun neighborhood! There are some definite advantages to having neighbors!
Love you,
Mom
That's cool to have so many neighbors to do Easter egg hunts for. I'm glad they liked their gnome families. The farm looked cool, too!
Oh...and I love the way Rowan says "Yike" :)
Mom
Nice gnome families! You have so many neighbors, my goodness. Sounds like you all get along wonderfully. Your kids are getting so big, Kirsten. You and Jason should be proud of them.
-- Aunt Karen
cute. Love it
Post a Comment