Our family has found a new love: swimming. The kids LOVE the water, and they especially love that we bought a membership to our local pool for the summer. Before this summer, they both enjoyed playing in water, but we can see a huge difference in their braveness in the water. Ellie swims fearlessly (and very enthusiastically, everyone behind her gets soaked!). Yesterday I taught her how to do a cannonball, and she also loves that she is now 2 inches above the height required to go down the water slides at the pool. Rowan doesn't really swim, but he loves jumping into the pool at the 2 feet deep ledge (by himself, no catching allowed!).
We don't get many pictures, since we are in the water with them, but Jason did capture a couple videos.
Swimming today: you can see Ellie in the pink swim outfit on the left side starting to swim away.
This is not a great video, it's just us after the kids' last swim lesson for the summer. I'm just posting it so you can see my 36 week pregnant belly in action :)
Saturday, July 03, 2010
Swimming
Posted by Kirsten at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very fun! Kierra and Ellie have matching swim outfits!
Kirsten, you look wonderful! Although I don't know if you could afford it, pregnancy looks good on you:)
--Aunt Karen
That pool looks like fun! And I liked being able to see your pregnant belly in action. :)
I love the videos. I think it's great that you have your kids swimming...with all the sad stories I think it's important. Rowan's getting very brave! I want pizza too :)
Love You,
Mom
Post a Comment