I am so sorry to disappoint all of you who are waiting for us to come back to Arizona. After everything we've been through and all the money we've spent getting our stuff here, we are staying right here in this apartment forever! Yes, our stuff finally came yesterday. I'll spare you all the details, but in short we had to rent a truck and haul everything into our apartment ourselves. This wasn't completely the fault of the moving company, but partly due to construction on the streets near our house. It was either move it ourselves, or pay them $500 extra to do it. After being fed up with the money and time it was taking, we refused to pay them more.
This decision was almost a disaster. What were we thinking? How were Jason and I going to move all our stuff into our apartment, and watch our kids at the same time? It worked alright at first; Rowan was asleep and Ellie was watching a movie. But really, I'm not very strong. Jason and I moved 4 huge boxes together and by the fourth one, my arms were giving out already. But...nice neighbors to the rescue! One woman sent her husband to help us, at the perfect time because Rowan woke up. One neighbor offered to watch Ellie. In no time, there were 3 other guys helping Jason unload the truck. To top it all off, the original couple invited us to dinner at their place after the truck was empty! We had a great time with them; they have two girls, ages 2 and 1.
Our stuff is finally here!! We are so extremely excited. I finally was able to rock Rowan to sleep this morning instead of walking him. And, we have things to sit on!
Well, we probably will move again. But this time we are selling/giving away all our furniture and just buying more when we get to the new place. We'll probably buy it from craigslist :)
Sunday, August 26, 2007
We are never moving again!
Posted by Kirsten at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bummer on the moving drama! We are so not looking forward to that happening in two years. Can't wait to see pics of your house all in order in the near future!
Wow that really took a long time to get your furniture there. I am so glad you have nice neighbors and helpful ones as well. How about sending me your adress via e-mail. Thanks.
Love Gram
Post a Comment