Tuesday, October 10, 2006

School Days

The entire family goes to school now. Ellie started today at a nearby nursery. I dropped her off while I went grocery shopping, so it was a short trial visit. She went quite willingly, didn't care when I kissed her goodbye. However, once I returned she saw me and her little lower lip started to quiver and she burst into tears. They said she did cry while I was gone, but I'm sure that will get better with time. We'll see if she goes willingly tomorrow :) The school is within walking distance (about 20-25 minutes) but when I return home after picking her up, I will take a taxi because it is all uphill. Jason is good with the hills, but I have some trouble pushing Ellie's stroller up the steep ones. It is only 50 JD (about $75) a month for Ellie's school, which is extremely cheap. Even though she won't even be attending half of the time, it is still worth it for that price.

I have about one week left of my arabic classes, but the plan is to take the next level after that (and the next one after that). Jason was paid $50 today to take an arabic test from the US Department of Defense. All of the students in his classes who spoke English fluently were given this opportunity. There is the possibility of more tests in the future. They told him that the tests were trial Arabic placement exams, but I think they are looking for future employees! Wouldn't that be funny. I hope the government doesn't hunt me down for posting this :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, my baby didn't like being left, huh? She'll get used to the fact that mommy is coming back and soon she'll be fine. It's been a long time since she's been left. Be strong mommy!!! Tell Ellie that Mimi is very proud of the big school girl! I'm proud of you and Jason, too. You're all doing a great job over there....but, come home soon!

Love,
MA

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Not again. Okay, here's the deal. Call me anytime this weekend OR I'm normally up at least until 9:30 now, so that would do as well. Miss you guys, I wanna talk to my baby girl! That's right, she's mine.

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed your call. I got to my phone a second too late. I was putting Bryson in his jacket to take him to the NC state fair. You'll have to try us again soon. We'd love to talk to you all!

Love,
Zane, Tara, and Bryson