Ramadan is over! We just finished out the holiday celebrated after Ramadan, it is kind of like their Christmas (giving gifts, seeing family, etc.) Jason had a break from school, but we decided not to go to Petra. Ellie's been kind of sick, and we just wanted to rest at home. We've been pretty creative in inventing games for us to play in the house. Ellie loves to hide from us (running away and hiding in a corner when we ask her to come) so we introduced her to the game of hide and seek. After having her hide with Jason the first time, we realized that she is too little to hide, so she was a seeker with one of us each time. It was really funny for us to hide in very obvious places and watch her find us.
It has been getting cold here!! The temperature drops pretty low at night and it's rained a couple of times recently. We are excited to see snow here, but also nervous about getting around town with the snow. Since the city is built over many extreme hills, I'm worried about cars slipping all over the road. We are hoping that the cold will kill the mosquitos that keep sneaking into our house. I routinely check Ellie's room and our bedroom before going to sleep each night; I must say I am a little obsessed with killing each little bloodsucker. Is it bad when your toddler walks around the house banging on things and slapping the walls saying "squitos, squitos?" I wonder where she picked that up :)
Friday, October 27, 2006
Squitos, squitos
Posted by Kirsten at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's funny. The word for mosquito in Nepali is lam-koo-tee. This man came to share with us today about working with the people where you are at. It really makes me want to start learning arabic for some reason. We'll see what happens. I miss you guys. I'm glad things are going well. It is getting cold here at night too.
Hey Kirsten, Jason, and Ellie-
Aunt Karen here. How is it living in a foreign country? Strange, or does everybody pretty well accept you? Thought I'd say hello. Gonna watch Ellie's video now. Could only pick up sound at work. Dumb computers.
Take care.
Post a Comment